Timeframe: 1 day
Participants: Up to 16
In this age of fragmentation and business uncertainty, leaders who can tell their organisation’s unique story with maximum effect are more valuable than ever. This program is a step-by-step ‘how to’ guide for leaders looking to use spoken storytelling to better connect with their teams and stakeholders, and to be more powerful and successful in all parts of their business life.
Every day, businesses around the world spend millions telling their stories in broadcast channels, social media, and public relations. They use stories to get their messages out more memorably and effectively, to motivate action, and to influence behaviour in consumers, policymakers, and their own stakeholders at every level. And there’s a reason. Research tells us stories are at least seven times more memorable than reciting facts and can be read twice as fast.
Yet few businesses train their own leaders in how to craft and tell powerful stories. And because stories are fundamental to the way humans communicate, those that do master the skill of business storytelling gain a true competitive advantage for their organisation – and themselves.
This program is a step-by-step ‘how to’ guide for leaders looking to use spoken storytelling to better connect with their teams and stakeholders, and to be more powerful and persuasive in all parts of their business life. Participants are introduced to the science of storytelling as well as the art, and why in a digitally-saturated world, face to face human connection is more important than ever.
As with all our programmes, a thorough consultation process enables the exact content to be designed in collaboration with your learning strategy and tailored to meet the participant’s unique learning needs.
By the end of this programme participants will:
- Increase their confidence and ability to relate key stories in a business environment.
- Have developed a repertoire of Spotlight Stories they can use to motivate and persuade their teams and stakeholders.
- Have practiced using Story Maps to craft power narratives for their presentations, pitches or formal meetings.
- Understand the power of story-telling and the specific elements that are most relevant in business communication.
- Have a simple process to translate a dense business strategy to story-centric verbal communication.
- Understand the difference between an over-arching story structure and the business anecdote.
- Learn ways to unlock their unique creativity and story-telling potential.
- Have practised storytelling techniques to ensure their stories are delivered in a compelling and authentic manner.
All Participants receive:
- A comprehensive manual and workbook.
- 12-month follow-up email and phone support.
- Easy to use preparation tools and story templates.
- Ongoing training suggestions & tips via social media.
- Links to web-based business storytelling resource.