Timeframe: 1 day (2 and 1/2 day options)
Participants: Up to 8
The use of story is one of the most fundamental aspects of being human. To influence, nothing matches it – and great communicators are always great storytellers. Harness the power of creativity and narrative and make your audience really care.
We use SpeakEasy's programme to introduce the power of creativity and story-telling to our audience of executives and senior leaders. It consistently rates as a programme highlight.
When you think about it, every great presenter you know is most likely a great storyteller. We are all aware of the powerful effect story has on people. It helps us retain information, it helps us connect, it helps us learn, it heals us and it entertains us. Story connects us to our emotions. Story makes us feel. In fact story is fundamental to the way we communicate with each other. However, when it comes to our business communication, we seldom use elements of story to help us connect with those we want to influence or persuade. Those who do, and do it well, have a distinct advantage.
During this programme participants learn and practise using elements of story (such as anecdote, metaphor and analogy) to influence outcome in their business communication. Training is highly practical and the numbers are small to allow for plenty of individual coaching. A thorough consultation process ensures the exact content is designed in alignment with your learning strategy and tailored to meet the participant’s unique learning needs. Video may be used for feedback.
By the end of this programme participants will:
- Have a pragmatic and flexibile process to infuse their business communcation with elements of story that can pursuade and inspire.
- Understand the power of story-telling and the specific elements that are most relevant in business communcation.
- Have practised ways to unlock their unique creativity and story-telling potential.
- Understand how using narrative and structure can enhance their ability to influcence and persuade.
- Understand how to effectively use their voice to add clarity and meaning to their message.
- Have utilised and practised methods to improve posture and gesture while communicating.
- Understand how to build elements of story into their visual aids to maximise impact.
- A comprehensive manual and workbook.
- 12-month follow-up email and phone support.
- Easy to use preparation tools and story templates.
- Ongoing training suggestions & tips via social media.
- Links to web-based presentation resource.